Eliminating Skin Tags once and for all!
When getting rid of skin tags, you have two option:
The choice is pretty simple…
…no body wants pain!
So, be sure to check out these tried and true home remedies to avoid the pain of surgery!
About 50% of the worlds population will get skin tags in their lifetime.
Skin tags are physically harmless flesh-colored bits of hanging skin that normally occur in places like the eyelids, armpits, upper chest, and groin area.
Generally, small skin tags are the most common, but they can grow to the size of a grape.
Doctors and researchers have never pinpointed an exact cause of skin tags. Since they are not a health threat, there is not a lot scientific research done to find the cause.
However, what we do know is some people may be more prone to skin tags due to genetics. Obesity puts people at a higher risk of getting skin tags and pregnant women are often more apt to get them.
Even though a skin tag is a type of tumor, there is no risk of a skin tag becoming malignant and they don’t lead to any other health problems.
There are no symptoms related to a skin tag unless they rub on clothing or get irritated in another way.
…harmless or not, many people prefer to have their skin tags removed for reasons of appearance.
Heres how to get rid of skin tags
Skin tag removal can be done in several different ways, which can include home treatments or visits to your doctor.
Your doctor will probably use one of the following methods for skin tag removal:
- Freezing: Also known as Cryotherapy, freezing is the most common way to treat skin tags. Normally, liquid nitrogen is used to kill the skin cells, making them fall off.
- Cauterizing(OUCH!): With this method, the skin tag is snipped off first, and then the area is cauterized with a source heated with electricity.
- Ligation: Skin tag removal using ligation is done by tying the tag at its base with a string. The tag will gradually shrink and fall off.
Skin tag removal can be safely done at home using one of a variety of methods.
- Medicine: There are some over-the-counter treatments for skin tags that are topically applied and cause the skin tag to dry and come off in about a week.
- Home Remedies: Tea tree oil applied to the skin tag three times a day is an effective method of skin tag removal. A mixture of castor oil and baking soda on the skin tag will also cause them to fall off.
As far as medicine goes…
…I reviewed one of the most recommended skin tag treatments there is:
The Revitol Skin Tag Remover
If you are serious about removing your skin tags, I would also highly recommend you check out the book “Moles, Warts, and Skin Tag Removal”.
Not a very unique name, but definitely delivers! Check out my full personal review of it here:
Once a skin tag is gone, another cannot grow on that exact spot again.